What is a Necessary Graphic Graphic Designing is an artistic visual representation in the form of images, texts, or other mediums. Graphic Designing is one of the most effective and creative forms of communication. In a Graphic design course, tools like typography and images, and different types of page layouts are used to communicate ideas to the audience creatively. Graphic Designing is for multiple purposes, such as logo designing for brands, motion pictures, banners, hoardings, designing editorials for magazines and newspapers, and many more. In India, there are many Graphic design institutes that offer Graphic Designing Courses.
For an Aspiring Graphic Designer, They Should Posses the Following Qualities:
Should Be Creative
Aspiring Graphic designers should have a creative mind as to how they can convey their idea through their designs. They should come up with innovative ideas and should be well-versed with the latest technology. Rathore University is one such Graphic Designing institute in Ahmedabad that provides Graphic Designing course with top faculty being the best in their fields that nurtures aspiring graphic designers.
Sense of Typography
One should understand and know which font, and page layouts are the most effective and suitable for a particular design.
Knowledge of Software
One of the most important skills an aspiring graphic designer should have is knowledge of the software that is needed to create visual Art creatively. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe is the key to graphic designing.
Able to Discuss and Understand Client Requirements
when dealing with a client, one should be able to effectively communicate their ideas so as also to understand the requirement of the client.
A Graphic Designing Course Consists of:
- The Core Fundamentals, Which Are a Most Basic Skill
- Creative Skills Like Sketching
- Design Investigation, Element, and Principals
- Usage of Typography 1 and 2
- Suitable Page Layouts and Colors
- Packaging and Advertising Designer
- Techniques for 3d Images
- Marketing and Photography
Top Graphic Designing Institute Which Provides Graphic Designing Courses:
NID ( National Institute of Design)
The NID is one of the best Graphic design institutes in Ahmedabad. The Graphic designing fees and eligibility criteria are mentioned on their website, along with the term of the course and other details.
- IIT-IDC Bombay is another preferred institute that offers a doctorate program and Masters’s program in Graphic designing
- Bhanwar Rathore Institute (BRDS) is one of the top Graphic Designing Institute In Ahmedabad which offers a one-year course. They are the pioneers in Graphic designing in Ahmedabad with Faculty from NID, NIFT, AND IIT alumni. Along with Graphic design, they offer long-term and short-term courses in Fashion Designing, Interior Designing, jewelry designing, fine arts, photography courses, and textile designing.
- IIT Kanpur provides B.Des in Visual Communication Design
- MIT Institute Pune offers a 4.5-year Graduate Diploma in Graphic Design
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of ICT in Gandhinagar offers a 4 years degree in Communication Design.
- Symbiosis Institute of Design Pune offers a Graduate Degree program in communication design
Career Options for a Graphic Designer:
Mobile App Designer:
- It involves developing new mobile apps for clients with high demand as every company wants to market their products through apps.
An Iconographer creates icons for apps and websites through creative tools.
- Role of Typographer and Calligrapher
It involves creating custom fonts and print projects such as business and greeting cards through designing typefaces.
- A user interface Animator
This job involves creating graphic elements.
- As a print media Graphic designers
It involves print media like advertisement and marketing campaigns for different media forms like magazines and newspapers.
Tasks of Graphic Designers:
- They are expected to create creative and innovative ways to communicate their ideas visually through software and provide their services to clients as per their needs.
- They have to meet the needs of their clients to market their products to the maximum number of customers through effective communication. They are supposed to use tools such as illustration of products, layouts, and production of logos and other decorative effects to reach desired audiences.
- They should work along with advertisement firms, PR firms, and Marketing companies.
How Graphic Designing has changed the Market:
- With the world coming closer to digitization, there is increasing use of Graphic design to communicate. They are benefiting from using and catering brand logos for marketing purposes, which has helped them distinguish their products from others.
- As images are more understandable and easily memorized, it is a better way to communicate than texts.
- Graphic design has helped companies captivate the market through social media.
- Cine graphs have been used widely.
- With graphic designing minimum typography has gained popularity
The goal of a Graphic designing course is to develop critical judgment and skills to creatively cater to the client’s needs. The quality of design and creative solution is the fundamental principle of a graphic designing course, the elements being narrative design, business design, interactive design, and more.